Friday, August 8, 2008

Whew! We made it!

Well we just accomplished what seems to be every working parents worse fear...the first week of daycare! Praise Jesus, we all did great! Garrett had a good first week. He is already known as most beautiful smile and super laid back. He enjoys the Bumbo and jumparoo the best! He has adjusted to the other children well and everytime I pick him up he has several ladies surrounding him. If this is a sign of the future, I am in trouble. Dad and I have adjusted to the new schedule as well. Brandon starts school on Monday so that will be the true test. I also wanted to share about last weekend. We had a shower for my good friend Ashley Callahan. If I have not shared with you, Ashley is pregnant with tripletts and is on bedrest in Clarian North Hospital. So we had to have her shower in the hospital...a first for me! We had a great time. Celebrations of babies always brings friends together so our good friends Laura and Jeremy were up from Louisville with their daughter Addison! She is one month older than Garrett. They were definitely "friends" at first sight! They were talking to eachother and could not stop touching eachother's face. This week was also Garrett's first try at solids. He has tried cereal, bananas and sweet potatoes(I believe those were his favorite!)



















The Delta Gamma Gals at the shower


















Addison and Garret meet for the first time




















I love sweet potatoes when they actually get into my mouth!

1 comments:

Ben+Amanda Sheppard said...

Cute!!! :)
Glad you guys made it through daycare, i'm sure it is stressful.