Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Take 1 and 2 and 3!

So when I had the "great" idea (from our previous blog) to take a picture of Garrett holding the "Happy Mother's Day" sign, I saw it going smoother in my head. Here is take 1,2,and 3 before just saying Brandon would you hold him and the sign so we can be done!


Take #1

Take #2

Take #3

Well we have had a crazy week here in the Kline household! We are official parents of a toddler. No momentous birthday or milestone...just tantrums, saying the word "no", and constantly getting into everything even after mommy has said "no" 100 times. This is probably why he has learned the word "no". The hardest thing is that he has been very fussy for about two weeks and rightly so. Two weeks ago he started getting his 12 month molars, then last week he starting getting a rash. We thought nothing of the spots until I showed them to my good neighbor Sherri (no medical back ground, just mom of three and the source of constant motherly advice) and she so confidently said "that’s chicken pox". Excuse me?, what?, he cannot have chicken pox he was just vaccinated for chicken pox! Sure enough as quickly as she said it, they multiplied. A phone call to the pediatrician the next morning confirmed, yes, Garrett got the chicken pox from none other than the shot I gave him to prevent them. Needless to say daddy and Garrett had two bonding days home from school/daycare. But sadly we had horrible diarrhea and a low grade temp all through the weekend and into Monday. Now we are starting to act more like Garrett! He shocked our socks off tonight at dinner he looked up at me and said "thank you" and baby signed thank you. Thank you Miss Jaime for teaching him such neat things; he now baby signs "more" and "eat" as well! Here are more pictures of our toddling, tantrum throwing, toilet paper unraveling, yet tender-hearted toddler!


Baby Einstein and O's just what the doctor ordered!

Should have known this was going to happen!

Can we say "naked cowboy"

My first whole apple, yum!

After a recent spaghetti night!

My new chair...I love it!

4 comments:

Laura and Jeremy said...

Poor Garrett with chicken pox! I'm cracking up at the spaghetti picture. Way to be saying "Thank you"! So proud!

Monika said...

That little chair is so cute! I just happened upon your blog from MckMama's blog (a comment you left) and I just noticed that your little boy has the exact same birthday as my youngest daughter Rachel :)

The Sabelhaus Boys said...

Love the spaghetti picture. We have the same one of Brady. It's really amazing how similar boys are! There are so many Garrett pictures that I have similar ones with Brady. Looking forward to Memorial Day! Let me know what you want me to bring.

Ben+Amanda Sheppard said...

Hope you are all feeling better! can't wait to spend an afternoon with you and take some more pics of the lil guy. I have to get some pictures of him doing bad things! Haa!

Miss you tons!
Amanda