Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trip to Evansville

July 21st was my birthday and thanks to my wonderful husband it was a great day! My boys made me BBQ chicken, pasta salad and strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. It was a beautiful day and we were able to enjoy it outside. Boy, has life changed I am so excited to sit at home and eat a good dinner with my boys! The weekend before last we made the track to Evansville to visit family. This trip was long overdue but as some of you know with a toddler, traveling is just not FUN! We did buy a portable DVD player as my birthday present to help with the four hour drive home which really helped. I took Friday off so we were able to spend the day by the pool relaxing and the went to a great birthday dinner with my family. Saturday Brandon and I were invited by my parents to go on a road trip to French Lick for the day with about 8 couples from my dad's work. Unfortunately it rained off and on all day which was not very conducive for an enjoyable convertible ride; however, we had a great time. We had lunch at the French Lick hotel and then went to the winery. Garrett got to have a Grandma Kline day which we were excited she had that opportunity, thanks Grandma for the date! And as God would have it we were in town the same weekend my sorority sister, Sara had a baby. I was thrilled I had the opportunity to visit her in the hospital before returning to Indy. Welcome to the world Grant!


Enjoying my birthday cake!


"Its Mommy's Party and I will Cry If I Want To"


Brandon didn't enjoy driving the Mini Cooper at all, wink!


The caravan of convertibles to French Lick


The Winery, yum!


Sara Rogier and baby Grant


No flash please!

0 comments: