Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stellan McKinney

I would really like to ask for prayers for a five month old little boy named Stellan Mckinney. I was turned onto this website http://www.mycharmingkids.net by a sorority sister Michelle Dumas, thanks Michelle. This mother has really effected me today. She was told when she was at 20 weeks pregnant her baby had several cardiac arrythmias and disorders and that her child would surely die in the womb or at birth. She started asking for prayer on her blog and it has truely taught our country (and the world for that matter) the power of prayer. McKinney says her website is approaching seven million hits—which averages out to 20 to 30 hits every five seconds. Stellan was born in October perfectly healthy. However, in March his heart went back into superventricular tachycardia and will not revert out of this rhythm. This could pose to be fatal to this small baby. The family lives in Minnesota but the mom, known as "MckMama" and baby Stellan were flown to Boston Children's Hospital a week ago and he had a major surgery on Tuesday. The surgery was not as successful as they had hoped. And if you read today, unfortunately his heart is back in this irreversible rhythm. I have been truely touched reading this mother's blog today and reading about her faith in Jesus Christ. It is remarkable. Yet at the same time I have been crying (yes crying at work) for her and the helplessness she must feel. It is 3:39 in the afternoon and I cannot wait to get home and a kiss and hug all over Garrett, so grateful he is healthy and that I am not sitting in a NICU wondering what God has in store for me next. I hope you are truely touched by this womans faith and the following worldwide who are praying for her. The coolest part is she asked everyone to wear orange the day of his surgery and send her a picture, check this out, "http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/04/orange-for-stellan.html". It has taught me something about humanity and that faith is alive in this world!

2 comments:

The Sabelhaus Boys said...

My heart goes out to her and her family! We had our own lesson on the power of prayer! Through many many prayers baby Cole is now home and healthy! I pray that her family will experience the same joy of getting to bring their baby home soon!

Laura and Jeremy said...

I found this blog about a week ago and it has truly touched me as well. What a strong, faithful woman! We're praying for Stellan, too.